Orbital Fabrications is committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle within the organisation.
Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Orbital Fabrications assesses the environmental impact of all operations and aims to improve environmental performance through the following initiatives:
- Promoting responsibility for the environment.
- Implementing this policy at all levels of the organisation.
- Reducing the use of energy, water, and other resources.
- Minimising waste through reduction, re-use, and recycling methods.
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations.
- Minimising the use of hazardous substances through reduction and substitution.
- Designing all products in accordance with RoHS, REACH and WEEE directives.
- Minimising the environmental impact of business travel and product distribution.
- Not prioritising funding needs ahead of sustainability requirements.
- Encouraging all suppliers and subcontractors to commit to the sustainable development philosophy.
- Identifying and providing appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encouraging them to develop new ideas and initiatives.
- Providing appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy.
- Promoting and encouraging involvement in local environmental initiatives/schemes.
- Being prepared for environmental incidents or emergencies.
These initiatives are available to all Orbital Fabrications staff and interested parties and owned by the senior leadership team.
Need some advice on a new project? Orbital is here to help.
We will respond to you within 24 hours
We’ll sign an NDA if requested
You’ll be talking to one of our engineers